Placement Policy Guidelines:
The entire final placement process is based on the general guidelines as appended below. The policy guidelines have two important Domains namely:
(A). Rules and Code of Conduct
- Transparency, fairness and equal opportunity for all students are the hallmarks of the placement process at IITM Group of Institutions.
- Whenever a company proposes a visit to the IITM Group of Institutions campus, it sends a letter of confirmation about the date of interview, which would be displayed on the notice board as well as in the students’ group. Those interested in attending the written test/GD/interview should give their names to the Training and Placement Cell of the respective College/ Department.
- Once a student gets shortlisted by the corporate for going through the process of GD, Written Test etc, he/she cannot, on any account, withdraw from the process of that company. Violators will be fined and/ or debarred from any subsequent placement process.
- It will be the responsibility of the students to be extra careful in maintaining the basic decorum, discipline and decency at the time when the company representatives are on the campus for placement related activities or when they participate in the processes at the company’s premises. Any student violating these instructions will be liable for punitive measures.
- Students found improperly dressed will be disallowed from placement activities.
- Once a student is selected by the campus process he/she cannot avail of any more opportunities through the campus process.
- Students appearing for placement are expected to report at the time given and come well prepared by going though relevant literature such as the company website, company’s publicity material etc. They should be well groomed in formals, which would include:
- For Gentlemen: Shaven/full beard, neat and ironed clothes, well-groomed appearance. Full sleeves shirt and formal pants (Jeans & Khaki not allowed), leather shoes and a tie.
- For Ladies: Neat and ironed clothes, well- groomed appearance. Sari/ Business Suit/ Salwar- Kameez, Leather Sandals/Shoes
- Not more than 2 (two) attempts can be availed of by any student in the final placement process.
- Students are not allowed to establish any kind of direct communication with any representative of the company. Questions can only be raised during PPT when allowed by the representative of the company. If clarifications are needed they should approach the Training and Placement Cell for this purpose.
- Requirements of the company will be taken care of by the concerned members of the placement/ hospitality group while they are at IITM Group of Institutions premises or at long distance and any kind of communication to be sent has to be directed through Training & Placement Officer.
- Students are advised not to do anything directly or indirectly which may create a poor impression about the College/ Department. Any student found disregarding any of the norms will be liable for disciplinary action.
- Non- compliance by the students of any activity organized by the Institute in the interest of placements will be considered as an act of misconduct. Students found involved in such activities can be debarred from placement assistance. The decision of the Training & Placement Cell will be final and binding in this regard.
- Students are advised to abide by the final short listing done by the company according to their own felt needs and criteria, which shall not be called into question by any student either individually or by raising questions about this in the PPT. Violation of this rule will lead to the debarment of the student from the process. The PPT queries from students should be aimed at clarifying job profile, compensation etc.
- Students also cannot call into question the short listing done by Training & Placement Cell as per recruiters’ instructions.
- Training & Placement Cell reserves the right to modify or introduce new rules as and when required, such as granting ‘day zero’ or ‘dream company’ status to companies, if circumstances warrant such moves.
Training & Placement Cell wishes ‘best of luck’ to all its scholars.