Entrepreneurship Development Cell
About Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Since its inception IITM Group of Institutions has aimed to improve employment opportunities for the students support the community by providing access to relevant applied knowledge. To fulfill the vision and in line with PM Narendra Modi’s initiative of ‘Make in India’, Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) is a special interest group at IITM Group of Institutions which is responsible for activities and initiatives to promote the spirit of entrepreneurship among the IITM Group student community as well as the youth of Sonepat, Delhi NCR.
It has been organizing weekly innovation challenges, entrepreneurship awareness camps, e-week, FDPs, ideation fests, tinker camps, entrepreneurship speaker series, field trips and an annual international entrepreneurship conference.
Main Objectives of IITM - EDC are:
• To foster innovation and create an entrepreneurial culture in the institution.
• To organize entrepreneurs awareness camps, entrepreneurial development programs and faculty development programs for the benefit of faculty & graduates in the region.
• To promote rural entrepreneurship and educating the rural business folk in different business related aspects.
• To develop and introduce curriculum and entrepreneurship development along with academic programs.
• To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as project report preparation, obtaining project approvals, loan and other facilities from the related agencies.
• To act as regional information centre on entrepreneurship development opportunities
• To conduct the skill development training programs leading to self-wage employment.
• To organize idea generation fests periodically.
• To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs
• To provide consultancy services to Prospective Entrepreneurs